Drainiac® Starter Kit for Above-Ground Containment: SPL119
Secondary containment filtration system includes: 1 Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve, 1 HuskyFlex Pre-Filter Sheet, 5 Silt Trap Socks, 2” PVC fittings & carrying case.
The Drainiac® Starter Kit includes everything you need for draining stormwater from your above-ground secondary containment. This secondary containment filtration kit will equip you with a Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve and the complete Pre-Filter System on one secondary containment unit.
Made in the USA
Filters Oil from Water
Simply install the Drainiac® system on your secondary containment for 30 days. If you are unhappy for any reason after one month, we will tear up the invoice. YOU OWE US NOTHING.
Do you have any of these problems dealing with stormwater in secondary containment?
- Wasting time manually draining stormwater?
- Forgetting to close drain valves?
- Hiring expensive vac trucks to haul and dispose of oily sheen water?
- Replacing existing, expensive filter valves that are clogged with sediment?
- Algae buildup inside containment?
- Frozen containment floors in the winter?
Fortunately there is a better way. The Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve.
This secondary containment filtration kit includes everything that you need to drain your secondary containment:
- Filters Oil & Fuel: The Drainiac® Filter Valve allows stormwater to drain from your secondary containment, while effectively filtering oily sheen.
- Captures Sediment: The Drainiac® Pre-Filter System captures sediment before it clogs your expensive filter valve.
- Prevents Spills: The Drainiac® Filter Valve automatically swells up and shuts off. Prevents a catastrophic oil or fuel spill from escaping your secondary containment.
- Saves Money: Eliminates the high cost to pump, haul and dispose of contaminated secondary containment water.
- Minimize your “Headache Calls”: No oil sheens outside containment. No overflowing containment. No vac truck bozos.
- Drains 4x Faster than other “similar” products.
- Prevent Tripping Hazards: 400% smaller than “similar” products.
- Lasts up to 10x Longer: Pre-Filter System prevents system from prematurely clogging with silt, sediment and debris.
Secondary Containment Filtration Applications
Use the Drainiac® Starter Kit at:
- Electrical substation containment
- Above ground storage tank secondary containment
- Outfalls for oil/water separators
- Cooling tower wastewater
- Portable secondary containment
- Bulk liquid storage stormwater outfalls
- Skid mounted pump and tank containment
- Point Source Discharge Locations
Blog: How to Prevent Secondary Containment System Overflows and Oil Discharges
Regulations: Secondary Containment Systems
In the Lab: Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valves – TOG in Stormwater Test
In the Field: Secondary Containment Systems at Bulk Liquid Terminals
Technology: Harnassing Innovation to Achieve Perfect Stormwater Discharge
Download: Drainiac® Installation Guide, Drainiac® Brochure, Drainiac® Product Line Catalog
Before and After the Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve System
Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve reduces the risk of accidental oil discharges
Filter and encapsulate sheens from your stormwater 24/7
Are you still draining secondary containment stormwater by hand?
- (1) Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve (SPL101)
- (1) Drainiac® HuskyFlex Pre-Filter Sheets (SPL117EA)
- (5) Drainiac® Silt Trap Pre-Filter Socks (SPL116EA)
- (1) PVC Elbow 2″ x 90 degrees Female NPT fittings on both ends
- (1) PVC Nipple 2″ x 2″ Male NPT fittings on both ends
- (1) Roll Teflon thread seal tape
- (1) 16-ounce water bottle for field testing Drainiac® filter valve
- (1) Drainiac® Starter Kit tool tote with removable tool case
Flow Rate: While all other manufacturers measure their flow rates at a constant 2” head pressure, we measure ours based on what is happening in the real world.
- 2” to 1” Head Pressure: 56.6 gal./hr.
- 1” to 0” Head Pressure: 41.0 gal./hr.
- Drainiac® Filter Valve: 3.5” Diameter x 5.5”L
- Drainiac® HuskyFlex Pre-Filter Sheet: 16” x 30” per sheet
- Drainiac® Silt Trap Socks: 3.5” x 1.5” x 24” per sock
Sold As: Each
Inlet Fitting for Filter Valve: 2” Male NPT threaded adapter. We are happy to quote you on custom adapters based on your specific needs.
Cutoff Loss on Filter Valve: Other manufacturers allow various amounts of petroleum to pass through their valves, before complete shut off. The Drainiac® petroleum filter valve system is engineered to not allow any petroleum products to escape. Therefore, there is no loss.
Compliance and Restrictions
Compliance and Restrictions
- DO NOT use with acids, bases or oxidizers
- Dispose of used product in compliance with local, state & federal regulations