Drainiac® Starter Kit for Above-Ground Containment: SPL119
Secondary containment filtration system includes: 1 Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve, 1 HuskyFlex Pre-Filter Sheet, 5 Silt Trap Socks, 2” PVC fittings & carrying case.
The Drainiac® Starter Kit includes everything you need for draining stormwater from your above-ground secondary containment. This secondary containment filtration kit will equip you with a Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve and the complete Pre-Filter System on one secondary containment unit.
Made in the USA
Filters Oil from Water
Do you have any of these problems dealing with stormwater in secondary containment?
- Wasting time manually draining stormwater?
- Forgetting to close drain valves?
- Hiring expensive vac trucks to haul and dispose of oily sheen water?
- Replacing existing, expensive filter valves that are clogged with sediment?
- Algae buildup inside containment?
- Frozen containment floors in the winter?
Fortunately there is a better way. The Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve.
This secondary containment filtration kit includes everything that you need to drain your secondary containment:
- Filters Oil & Fuel: The Drainiac® Filter Valve allows stormwater to drain from your secondary containment, while effectively filtering oily sheen.
- Captures Sediment: The Drainiac® Pre-Filter System captures sediment before it clogs your expensive filter valve.
- Prevents Spills: The Drainiac® Filter Valve automatically swells up and shuts off. Prevents a catastrophic oil or fuel spill from escaping your secondary containment.
- Saves Money: Eliminates the high cost to pump, haul and dispose of contaminated secondary containment water.
- Minimize your “Headache Calls”: No oil sheens outside containment. No overflowing containment. No vac truck bozos.
- Drains 4x Faster than other “similar” products.
- Prevent Tripping Hazards: 400% smaller than “similar” products.
- Lasts up to 10x Longer: Pre-Filter System prevents system from prematurely clogging with silt, sediment and debris.
Secondary Containment Filtration Applications
Use the Drainiac® Starter Kit at:
- Electrical substation containment
- Above ground storage tank secondary containment
- Outfalls for oil/water separators
- Cooling tower wastewater
- Portable secondary containment
- Bulk liquid storage stormwater outfalls
- Skid mounted pump and tank containment
- Point Source Discharge Locations
Blog: How to Prevent Secondary Containment System Overflows and Oil Discharges
Regulations: Secondary Containment Systems
In the Lab: Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valves – TOG in Stormwater Test
In the Field: Secondary Containment Systems at Bulk Liquid Terminals
Technology: Harnassing Innovation to Achieve Perfect Stormwater Discharge
Download: Drainiac® Inspection and Maintenance Guide
Filter and encapsulate sheens from your stormwater 24/7
Before and After the Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve System
Are you still draining secondary containment stormwater by hand?
Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve reduces the risk of accidental oil discharges
- (1) Drainiac® Petroleum Filter Valve (SPL101)
- (1) Drainiac® HuskyFlex Pre-Filter Sheets (SPL117EA)
- (5) Drainiac® Silt Trap Pre-Filter Socks (SPL116EA)
- (1) PVC Elbow 2″ x 90 degrees Female NPT fittings on both ends
- (1) PVC Nipple 2″ x 2″ Male NPT fittings on both ends
- (1) Roll Teflon thread seal tape
- (1) 16-ounce water bottle for field testing Drainiac® filter valve
- (1) Drainiac® Starter Kit tool tote with removable tool case
Flow Rate: While all other manufacturers measure their flow rates at a constant 2” head pressure, we measure ours based on what is happening in the real world.
- 2” to 1” Head Pressure: 56.6 gal./hr.
- 1” to 0” Head Pressure: 41.0 gal./hr.
- Drainiac® Filter Valve: 3.5” Diameter x 5.5”L
- Drainiac® HuskyFlex Pre-Filter Sheet: 16” x 30” per sheet
- Drainiac® Silt Trap Socks: 3.5” x 1.5” x 24” per sock
Sold As: Each
Inlet Fitting for Filter Valve: 2” Male NPT threaded adapter. We are happy to quote you on custom adapters based on your specific needs.
Cutoff Loss on Filter Valve: Other manufacturers allow various amounts of petroleum to pass through their valves, before complete shut off. The Drainiac® petroleum filter valve system is engineered to not allow any petroleum products to escape. Therefore, there is no loss.
Compliance and Restrictions
Compliance and Restrictions
- DO NOT use with acids, bases or oxidizers
- Dispose of used product in compliance with local, state & federal regulations