Why-HalenHardyPeople ask me all the time, how did you come up with the name HalenHardy? Well, when I was growing up, my dad, Don Beaver Sr., and grandfathers, Pete Beaver & Tom Lee (pictured at the right) were the main male role models for me. Together they taught me to love God’s great outdoors and value of hard work and a great attitude.
My Pappy Tom lived a couple blocks from our home and I had the honor to work and play at his side nearly every day. He had a pretty straightforward outlook on life. Work hard first…then play hard. He would take me fishing as soon as I finished helping him in the garden, shop or Grandma’s ceramic studio. When the chores were done, we’d take off in his ’61 Rambler Classic to fish at Tipton Run or Bald Eagle Creek.
Pap would always encourage me to smile while working. He’d say, “I love a hale and hardy boy.” Hale, meaning cheerful and useful. Hardy, meaning robust & tenacious.
Long after pap passed in the early 1970s, I’d often be inspired by the memory of his “hale and hardy” instructions.
In 2012, our sons, Josh and Troy, along with partner Carl Cohen were looking for a name for our new venture aimed at developing products and services to improve environmental, health and safety practices for heavy mobile industries. One night I was racking my brain when Pap’s favorite phrase came back to me. I hopped up and scribbled the phrase in text-like fashion on a pad near my bed….”Hale n Hardy”. When I woke in the morning, the name for our company was clear….HalenHardy.
Today, HalenHardy provides products and services across multiple industries, including oil & gas, mining, construction, emergency response, remediation, transportation, utilities and demolition. The company’s mission is to provide “Tools to Tackle Crappy Jobs . . . Safely.”TM
HalenHardy’s Latest Innovations are Designed to:
- Provide sustainable leak and spill clean-up solutions;
- Reduce the number of slip and fall accidents in the workplace;
- Limit access to dangerous work areas;
- Reduce worker exposure levels to unsafe industrial dusts.
We Subscribe to Four Guiding Principles:
- Treat Others Well – no one likes working with (or for) jerks. At HalenHardy, we’ll treat you the way we want to be treated.
- Build Sustainable Products – When we minimize waste, we maximize efficiency and results. It’s better for the environment and the bottom line.
- Superhuman Service – We put our customers’ needs at the forefront of all we do.
- Onward. Upward – We strive to continuously improve our products and services to help our customers reach their goals.
Our offices and manufacturing facility are located on Main Street in our hometown of Bellwood, Pennsylvania. And, we recently added a warehouse in Zanesville, Ohio to better serve its oil & gas and emergency response customers.