Our InstaLevee™ flood barriers combine simplicity, robustness and reliability. Furthermore, the barriers with a height of 39” (1 m) or more received the FM Approved certification from FM approval, known to have some of the highest standards in our field.
InstaLevees™ require no site preparation, little or no additional material and no permanent installation.
Sold in a rolled form, simply unroll it onto the ground. The InstaLevee™ can be put in place even if the flooding has already begun!
Main characteristics of the InstaLevee™:
- A. Ultra-strong PVC coated Polyester fabric resistant to abrasion for installation on any surfaces.
- B. Stretched partitions to supply better adhesion on smooth surfaces.
- C. Polypropylene handles to raise the extremities of the barrier in particular applications.
- D. Ballast weight made of small galvanized steel plates in a polyester net, sewn on the InstaLevee™.
- E. Heavy duty polypropylene handles to facilitate handling.
WATER HOLDING BACK WATER
The flood barrier has 4 times more floor surface than the water being retained, thus 4 times more vertical thrust (or on the ground) than the horizontal thrust allowing proper adhesion. For the water to hold back the water on most surfaces such as asphalt and grass, a 2½ to 1 ratio is usually sufficient for a safe installation, therefore, the InstaLevee’s™ 4 to 1 ratio is much safer and the risk of slipping is unlikely. The wider the barrier, the harder it is to make it slip, we can then conclude that the InstaLevee™ is 33% safer than required.
- It will unfold and fill as the water infiltrates inside the barrier.
- The water pressure will completely open the barrier.
- The sewn in floater will allow the top part of the barrier to float and follow the motion of the incoming waves.
- The accumulated water pressure stabilizes the barrier in place no matter the terrain.
No need to pump water inside.
|LEV0630||InstaLevee 6″x30′ – No release holes||Each||39.8 lbs.||$1,647|
|LEV1430||InstaLevee 14″x30′ – No release holes||Each||53 lbs.||$2,242|
|LEV1450||InstaLevee 14″x50′ – No release holes||Each||87.5 lbs.||$3,582|
|LEV2030||InstaLevee 20″x30′ – No release holes||Each||67 lbs.||$2,679|
|LEV2050||InstaLevee 20″x50′ – No release holes||Each||110.6 lbs.||$4,169|